RUSKIN BOND'S CHILDREN'S OMNIBUS


Ruskin Bond has been one of the biggest influences in my life. He is the one who introduced me to reading, and inspired me to write! He is a very important factor as to why my love for books developed. His books were the first to take me to those corners of my mind where I'd never been before (or maybe Enid Blyton was the first, but he has definitely influenced me more!).

Ruskin Bond writes simple stories; stories that people living in cities can only imagine, stories that make us relive our childhoods and enjoy the memories of the simpler times. Ruskin Bond's Children's Omnibus is a compilation of such short stories and novellas. I have read and re-read these stories countless times. The stories range from innocent happenings in the Indian village life to some more witty ones. Though I like almost all of them, my favourites would be The Blue Umbrella (which has also come out as a movie), Angry River and The Road to the Bazaar.

Sometimes you just need to believe that good does exist, that simple joys can lead to happiness and satisfaction. And sometimes you need to relax, and stay calm and peaceful. And Bond does that for you. He does not fail to entertain the reader with his extraordinarily simple yet effective writing which makes the compilation an enticing read. Although they're short, the after effects of the stories last in memories forever.

It is an absolutely valuable possession, a must-have for people of all age groups. It is a spectacular read that provides stories we could relish our whole lives.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE SONGSEEKERS -Saswati Sengupta

RIOT - Shashi Tharoor

JASMINE DAYS - Benyamin